Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial intelligence is the science of creating human-like capabilities in computers. As you may have noticed by this time, computers are very fast in following instructions, but they are not at all capable in making decisions. At least not in the traditional programming techniques. AI changes that by giving computers a way to learn from data. This concept has been around for decades, however, only recently do we have the kind of data and computing resources that we need.
Some facets of Artificial Intelligence include.
- Imitating immense functions of human brains.
- Coding a machine to use common language.
- Organizing hypothetical neurons in an aspect so that they can figure the concept.
- Remoteness: described as the factor of dealing with concepts rather than action.
- Volatility and creativity.
AI in real lifestyle
AI was based as an instructional discipline in 1956. Since then, AI techniques became an important a part of the technology trade. Differing kinds of AI-powered robots are being developed in several parts of the planet, including the USA, China, Japan, peninsula and India.
We encounter AI multiple times every day. For example, speech recognition, problem-solving, learning and planning.
- Siri uses machine-learning technology so as to urge smarter and capable-to-understand tongue questions and requests. It is surely one among the foremost iconic samples of machine learning abilities of gadgets.
- Not only smartphones but automobiles also are shifting towards AI like the Tesla. This is one among the simplest automobiles available so far.
- The car has features like self-driving, predictive capabilities, and absolute technological innovation.
- Sophia, a man-made intelligence (AI) mechanical man, was in the news recently for turning into the primary automaton ever to own a position. In Oct 2017, Sophia was granted Saudi citizenship.
- This AI-powered automaton is legendary for speaking at international symposiums, and interviewing celebrities and world leaders.
- Sophia, developed by Hanson Robotics, is associate example of the foremost refined AI-powered robots designed by humans in recent times.
- It will imitate human gestures, facial expressions, and build conversations within the kind of responsive bound queries and initiating discussions on predefined topics.
Hype around AI
The work that we want to try and accomplish is increasing every day. AI is an effort to automate work. AI helps organizations to increase their productivity primarily in areas of repetitive and routine work. AI is already modifying web search, e-commerce, publicity, banking, engineering, television and so on. Surprisingly, even though AI’s wideness of impact, the types of it being deployed are still highly limited.
People often tend to think that AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning are same since they have common application. Machine learning is a subset of AI that focuses on getting machines to make decisions by feeding them data. On the other hand Deep Learning is a subset of machine learning that uses the concept of neural networks to solve complex problems. So to sum it up AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning are interconnected fields. Machine Learning and Deep Learning aids AI by providing a set of algorithms and neural networks to solve data driven problems.
A short video on AI (courtesy Simplilearn)
What is AI doing?
The AI of today is Known as Artificial Narrow Intelligence. This means that it works within a narrow domain, collects a large amount of data and tries to make a prediction or a decision, or a classification based on the large amounts of data that it gets.
As an example, if it sees a lot of people who borrowed money, who returned it or defaulted , it can learn to decide whether to give money to someone with a minimal risk. Similarly, if it sees a lot of examples of pictures of people, it can recognize the person.
AI today is applied to a lot of fields
Applications of AI
AI in Healthcare
- In this age, AI knows no bounds having been once thought a futuristic threat to humankind.
- AI is changing and saving lives, not intended to update clinicians or scientific judgement, but serves with the motive to beautify and supplement humans in providing patients good health care.
- AI assist photograph analysis and patient triage with their potential to lessen version and duplicate testing. Selection aid structures quickly decipher large amount of records within the electronic scientific record.
- AI technology is taking the uncertainty out of viewing affected person scans with the aid of highlighting trouble areas on pictures thus complimenting the screening and analysis process.
AI in Agriculture
- AI in agriculture is helping farmers to improve their efficiency and reduce environmental opposed impacts.
- The use of Artificial intelligence in agriculture enables the farmers to recognize the data insights which includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed, and solar radiation.
- The data analysis of historic values, offers a better evaluation of the favored outcomes.
AI in Travel and Navigation
- In both travel and transportation industries, AI is gradually becoming one of the key differentiator. From suggesting efficient routes to home, to making travel arrangements — AI is helping human beings in taking the huge leap.
- A big percentage of customers review tour tips, study neighborhood landmarks and dining options, and ebook trips with the help of AI-powered journey assistants.
- Chatbots are also changing the journey enterprise rapidly with the aid of facilitating human-like interaction with consumers for travel recommendations, higher booking prices, and quicker response times.
AI in Creative arts
- AI.-powered technologies are inspiring new songs. Supported inputs gathered from many newspaper headlines, conversations, and speeches, insights are gleaned which will help musicians create themes.
- By leveraging the facility of AI, musicians can understand what their audiences want and thus, compose songs to support that.